On this page you can find communications that have been shared with RTSD26 families.
Most Recent Message
August 8, 2022
Dear River Trails Families,
It is hard to believe the beginning of the new school year is a little more than a week away. I hope you and your family have had an enjoyable summer and are as excited as I am for our first day. We have been working hard over these past few months to prepare for the year and are eager to see our students back in the buildings.
As usual, there is a lot of information available to help you prepare for the school year. You can find a full guide on our website that should answer many of your questions. However, I do want to highlight a few areas.
First Day of School
- Wednesday, August 17: 1st through 8th grade
- Early dismissal at 1:00 for RTMS, 1:40 for Euc and IG
- Thursday, August 18: Kindergarten
- Monday, August 22: Pre-kindergarten
The district and schools will utilize multiple resources to communicate with families throughout the year. This includes:
- Monthly school newsletter–sent approximately the first week of each month
- *NEW* Monthly district newsletter–sent in the middle of each month
- Calls, texts or emails when necessary
- School and district websites:
- Social media channels
There are several health requirements for RTSD26 students. You can find a full list, along with their deadlines, on our website.
Breakfast and Lunch
This year the meal program will return to the pre-pandemic process. This means that families will need to use MyMealTime to pay for breakfast and/or lunch.
- Learn how to create a MyMealTime account and add funds
- Breakfast and lunch menus
- Apply for free or reduced-price meals
Our COVID-19 mitigation plan will look similar to the end of last school year. Please keep in mind that this plan is based on guidance from the health department and can change throughout the year. You can find the full list of protocols on our website, but here are some key points:
- We will no longer be testing students and staff
- We will no longer be posting a daily case dashboard on our website
- Masking will remain optional, including on buses
- Classrooms and cafeterias will return to pre-pandemic spacing
Our buildings will continue to share important information as we approach our start date. If you have additional questions, please contact the district office or your school’s principal. Thank you for your continued support of our district. We look forward to seeing our students again and to another outstanding school year at River Trails.
Dr. Jodi Megerle
Superintendent of Schools