Welcome to RTSD26!
At River Trails School District 26, our staff is our life’s blood. On a daily basis these talented and dedicated individuals are making a difference in students’ lives.
We strive to offer students a diverse staff from a variety of backgrounds, races and ethnic groups. At the same time, we value the opportunity to help staff grow personally and professionally.
Come join the River Trails family!
- Full and part-time jobs available
- Small, family-like district
- 33 different home languages spoken
- 88% teacher retention rate
- Ideal class sizes with an average of 19 students
- Increased base compensation rates for ESPs
- Up to 10 years of teaching service credit honored
- Average of 210 minutes of teacher plan time
- Eligibility for graduate coursework reimbursement after 1 year in district for both teachers & ESPs
- Compensation increases for additional graduate coursework
- Voluntary extra duties (clubs, sports) compensated at $26 per hour
- 1 hour of built-in professional development per week
- Voluntary retirement benefits for both teachers & ESPs
- Full-time staff begin with 12 sick days, 4 personal days, 2 bereavement days
- Single HMO health insurance cost is completely covered by district
- Mentoring program & innovation coaches at each building