Back-to-School Guide for 2022-2023
Everything you need to know to prepare your family for the 2022-2023 school year. This page will be regularly updated in the weeks leading up to the first day of school.
School Back-to-School Guides
- District Office: 847-297-4120, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Euclid: 847-259-3303, email@example.com
- Indian Grove: 847-298-1976, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prairie Trails: 224-265-9900, email@example.com
- RTMS: 847-298-1750, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wednesday, August 17: First day for 1st through 8th grade (Early Dismissal)
- Thursday, August 18: First day for kindergarten
- Monday, August 22: First day for pre-kindergarten
- Wednesday, August 24: River Trails Middle School Open House (7:00 p.m.)
- Thursday, August 25: Euclid and Indian Grove Open House (6:00 p.m.)
- Tuesday, August 30: Picture day for all schools
- Wednesday, August 31: Prairie Trails Open House (6:00 p.m.)
- New to the district? Find out how to register your child for 2022-2023.
- Have questions or need help? Contact the district office at 847-297-4120 or email@example.com.
- There are several health requirements for RTSD26 students. Learn what your child will need and the deadlines for submitting health forms.
- Have questions or need help? Contact your school's main office.
School Supply Lists
This year, the lunch program will return to the pre-pandemic process. Families who meet certain income eligibility guidelines can apply for free or reduced-price meals.
- Learn how to create a MyMealTime account or to add funds
- Breakfast and lunch menus
- Have questions or need help? Contact Kelly Diaz, director of food services, at 224-612-7675 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Families can still sign up for bus transportation. Please contact Jane Holtz, the district's transportation coordinator, for more information. She can be reached at 847-297-4120 or email@example.com.
- Prairie Trails Bus Routes
- Euclid Bus Routes
- Indian Grove Bus Routes
- River Trails Bus Routes
The health protocols for 2022-2023 will be similar to what they were at the end of last school year. There will be some changes:
- Schools will no longer conduct weekly SHIELD testing
- Classrooms and lunchrooms will no longer require social distancing
- Meals will no longer be paid for by the federal government (see the above section on lunch information)
- The district will not post a dashboard with the daily COVID case count
- A negative home test can now be used to return to school early from a quarantine
Visit our COVID-19 Update Center for the full list of protocols.