Free and Reduced Meal Applications-Available August 4, 2023
Free and Reduced Meal Application Procedure
District 26 participates in a federal program that provides free or reduced-priced meals to students whose families meet income eligibility guidelines. The guidelines, as well as the policies governing this program, are determined annually by the federal government.
- Online Meal applications should be completed only by households who do not receive an email from the district in August to their email address on file. If you received an email from the district, you DO NOT need to complete a meal application.
- Meal applications can be completed online through MyMealtime on any device with internet access. Applications for the current school year are available August 4, 2023. Families must re-qualify for the program EVERY YEAR. Your child's free or reduced lunch status will revert to FULL PAY 30 days after school starts if a new application has not been submitted. View the "Getting Started" guide here.
- Completed applications will be processed within 10 days and letters will be sent to the households regarding meal benefits. The accuracy and accountability of the information provided on these forms are the responsibility of the parent(s)/guardian(s).
- If you qualify for free lunches, meals will be free and an added benefit is that school fees (materials and technology) will be waived. If you qualify for reduced lunches, breakfast is $.30 and lunch is $.40. Additionally, your school fees (materials and technology) will be reduced by 50%. Transportation fees are NOT eligible to be waived or reduced.
- For assistance in completing the meal application, please review the parent guide or contact Kelly Diaz, Director of Food Services at 224-612-7675.