Weekly COVID-19 Update
Friday, September 17 2021
Dear River Trails Families,
Due to the fact that we are sending out so many updates related to the pandemic, we want to begin sending a weekly review to make it easier for you to keep track of everything. Also remember that you can visit our website at any time for these details.
This week’s updates:
- Please continue to be diligent about keeping your child home from school if they are not feeling well. Even if symptoms are mild, or possibly unrelated to COVID, erring on the side of caution will help keep everyone healthy.
- The requirements for remote learning eligibility changed to allow more students to participate. If your child tests positive for COVID, is exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID, or is experiencing any COVID symptoms, she or he will be eligible for remote learning. You can also review the procedures for remote learning.
- There will be a vaccine clinic at Euclid (711 E. Euclid) on Monday, September 20 from 5 to 7 p.m. Walk-ins are welcome and appointments are not needed. This is for the Pfizer vaccine, which is approved and recommended for everyone 12 years of age and older. The second dose will be administered on Tuesday, October 12, also at Euclid from 5 to 7 p.m. Children need to be accompanied by a parent or guardian and also need a signed consent form (which will be available on-site). Vaccinated students do not have to quarantine if they are exposed to a positive case, unless they are experiencing symptoms.
- SHIELD saliva testing continues at each of our schools for unvaccinated students. These tests are occurring on Wednesdays. You will only be notified if your child tests positive. However, you can also access your child’s test results by signing up for the SHIELD portal.
- Indian Grove is still considered to be in an “outbreak” as determined by the Cook County Department of Public Health, based on two or more COVID-19 cases who may have a shared exposure on school grounds and are from different households. IG fifth graders are being tested twice a week, on Wednesdays and Fridays, until further notice.
- Our COVID-19 dashboard is updated daily with the number of students and staff who test positive or are in quarantine due to exposure.
We’ll continue to send updates throughout the week when necessary. Do not hesitate to call either the district office or your school if you have any questions.
River Trails School District 26