Head Ready + Heart Ready = LIFE READY
LIFE READY learners and leaders from River Trails School District...
- Have individual worth and a desire to learn
- Appreciate individual cultures
- Take responsibility for their actions and the resulting outcomes
- Thrive in an emotionally and physically safe environment
- Establish personal goals and rise to high expectations
- Demonstrate honesty and integrity
- Value relationships and contribute to the larger community
|GOAL 1: Head Ready students grow academically, problem solve creatively and learn how to learn.
|GOAL 2: Heart Ready students are respectful, resourceful and resilient citizens.
|We will provide engaging and purposeful pathways to personalize academic growth for ALL students by equipping staff with the requisite skills, knowledge and understanding necessary to provide high‐quality, differentiated instruction.
|We will provide a healthy learning environment with a focus on social emotional development.
|This will be demonstrated through incremental increasesin the percentage of students meeting personal growth targets on NWEA MAP with the goal of having 65% of students meeting growth targets in reading AND math as a district by 2025.
|This will be demonstrated through annual increases and maintenance in three targeted domains, supportive environment, grit and emotional health, reaching the “More or Most Level '' as determined from the 5 Essentials Survey by 2025.
Build and support a trusting culture between teachers, school, and district level administrators by assessing, developing, and strengthening professional collaboration.
Provide a student-centered learning environment anchored by a comprehensive standards aligned curriculum, relevant and responsible to the world we live in, and measured by meaningful demonstrations of knowledge and skills.
Prioritize social, emotional and physical well-being of the school community by providing a nurturing environment and equipping all with the skills, knowledge and understanding to thrive in a complex world.
Establish and maintain effective networks of communication and collaboration with all members of the larger community.
- Develop our collective identity.
- Develop and implement a system of collaboration to support district, schools and teams.
- Identify a guaranteed and viable academic and social emotional curriculum with clear learning priorities.
- Ensure equal opportunity and access for all learners.
- Validate and affirm the role of the student in the learning environment.
- Empower students to be stewards to their environment and community.
- Maintain an intentional and regular focus on wellness and wellness strategies.
- Sustain a safe, healthy learning environment.
- Increase community partnerships to expand on the opportunities and resources available to the school community.
- Improve one and two-way communication networks with all members of the D26 community.
- 5 Essentials Data
- Staff performance
- Staff retention
- Success interviews
- Academic performance Assessments PK-8
- ISBE recognition status
- Student engagement
- Student involvement
- Students satisfaction
- Parent surveys
- Student readiness
- Community partnerships