The River Trails School District 26 Board of Education held a meeting on Tuesday, November 14, 2023 at River Trails Middle School. A full recording of the meeting is available for viewing on our YouTube page.
Here are the highlights:
- RTEA Comments were presented by Bob Kastner
- During Board Communications, there was acknowledgement of the Euclid Bingo Event, the district food and clothing drive, and the dinner of some board members with union members
- RTMS Boys Cross Country Team was recognized for their State Championship
- Board Members were recognized as a part of Board Member Appreciation Day on November 15
- The Education Services gave a review of the performance on the newly released ISBE report card
- Business services discussed the infrastructure work at Euclid School, after the operations committee reviewed the bids and the finance committee reviewed the financing.
- The board approved the construction bids for Euclid School , on which construction will start Summer 2024.
- The board decided to delay going out to bid for transportation until 2024
- Committee Reports included the IASB Delegate report, NSSEO updates, finance committee review ,student fee information for the upcoming school year, the benefits committee report, and the presidents report gave some information on upcoming events
- Dr. Megerle gave the Superintendent Report, which included her mid-year goals, and an update on the hiring process for the new Assistant Superintendent of Business Services.
The next regular board meeting will be held on Tuesday, December 19 at Euclid School. You can email the board at email@example.com