The River Trails School District 26 Board of Education held a meeting on Tuesday, October 17, 2023 at River Trails Middle School. A full recording of the meeting is available for viewing on our YouTube page.
Here are the highlights:
- RTEA Comments were presented by Bob Kastner
- During Board Communications, board members discussed the dinner they had with RTEA Leadership, the concert at RTMS on 10/16, as well as upcoming PTC fundraisers, and Rec Night at RTMS.
- PTC Presidents were recognized for their hard work and dedication
- Education Services gave the Fall Assessment Update and School Report Card Preview
- Business services discussed the potential to go out to bid on a new transportation contract, which will be an action item in November's Meeting.
- The board discussed the policy on advertisements, which will be sent back to the policy committee to redefine.
- Committee Reports included updates about NSSEO, the Operations committee reviewed plans on the Euclid Construction project, the Benefits Committee talked about the employee wellness program, and the presidents report which gave information about upcoming board and school events.
- The board voted and approved both the board operating agreements, and the board and superintendent expectations.
- Dr. Megerle gave the Superintendent Report which talked about construction starting on the soccer pitch at Euclid, the RTMS Cross Country Teams performing well at state, celebrating principal appreciation week, and discussing mid-year goals next meeting.
The next regular board meeting will be held on Tuesday, November 14 at River Trails Middle School. You can email the board at firstname.lastname@example.org