The River Trails School District 26 Board of Education held a meeting on Tuesday, September 19, 2023 at Euclid School. A full recording of the meeting is available for viewing on our YouTube page.
Here are the highlights:
- It started with a Committee of the Whole meeting, which discussed upcoming construction projects at Euclid, before going on a walking tour of the building, then returned and discussed questions
- RTEA Comments were presented by Bob Kastner https://youtu.be/DQiLQwZ_n1s?t=25m25s
- During Board Communications, several board members were impressed with the open house events held across the schools, and a reminder of upcoming PTC events was given
- Dr. Lyndl Schuster gave a recap of the Green Ribbon School Award Recognition, and distributed pins to those who were instrumental in this effort.
- The Business Services gave an update on student enrollment numbers
- Committee Reports included updates about NSSEO, the Benefits Committee had suggestions about the employee wellness program stipend, which were approved by the board, and the presidents report which gave information about upcoming board events
- Dr. Megerle gave the Superintendent Report which talked about board protocols, the hiring process for the Assistant Superintendent of Business Services, and recapping the start of the school year
The next regular board meeting will be held on Tuesday, October 17 at River Trails Middle School. You can email the board at email@example.com