The River Trails School District 26 Board of Education held a meeting on Tuesday, June 20, 2023 at River Trails Middle School. It was also livestreamed on our website. A full recording of the meeting is available for viewing on our YouTube page.
Here are the highlights:
- Kristy Siefert, Assistant Superintendent for Teaching and Learning, presented the district’s updated E-Learning Plan for approval and introduced Alicia Duell - Director of Innovation and Technology
- Dr. Lyndl Schuster recognized Danny Martinez and the Bridge Church for raising the Euclid soccer pitch monies
- RTEA Comments were presented by Bob Kastner
- Dr. Carie Cohen presented a recap of summer school activities
- Business Services presented on the award of the Renew America’s Schools Grant
- The board discussed revised Euclid cost estimates and voted to go to bid on some parts of the project
- The HVAC equipment update for Euclid project was presented to the board and voted to move forward with the project
- An update from the PR committee was given to discuss plans for the upcoming school year,an update was given on NSSEO, and the president gave his report.
- Dr. Megerle gave the superintendent’s report, where the following was proposed and approved for hte 2023-2024 school year for daily substitutes:
- Remove the $10.00 increase after 30 working days
- Increase the daily rate to $130 per day
- Provide key bonuses
- $300 at 30 working days
- $500 at 70 working days
- $500 at 100 working days
The next regular board meeting will be held on Tuesday, August 15 at River Trails Middle School. You can email the board at email@example.com.