The River Trails School District 26 Board of Education held a meeting on Tuesday,June 20, 2023 at River Trails Middle School. It was also livestreamed on our website. A full recording of the meeting is available for viewing on our YouTube page.
Here are the highlights:
- Vice President Janine Freedlund recognized the “wonderful” 8th Grade Graduation ceremony and the Village of Mount Prospect Board honoring the RTMS Track athletes' performance at the State Track Meet.
- President Willaim Grimpe noted the success of Euclid End of School bash, and the large number of attendees, including board members, and thanked Cook County Board Commissioner Maggie Trevor for donating Brookfield Zoo tickets to Summer School Families
- River Trails Education Association representative Bob Kastner addressed the board on behalf of membership to “thank you for our working relationship between the association, the admin, and the board.” He also welcomed Kimberly Bianchini and thanked all board members for the time and effort they put into their work.
- Education Services gave their year end review presentation, which included updates from Dr. Megerle on Strategic Plan, District and School Improvement Plan.
- Dr. Carrie Cohen talked about district key results in collaboration, Dr. Megerle talked about curriculum and community key results, and Matt Tombs discussed communication key results.
- Principals and Assistant Principals gave updates on their school goals from the school year: Prairie Trails, Indian Grove, Euclid and RTMS. Dr. Megerle wrapped up the presentation by giving a look at what is ahead.
- Euclid Electrical Switchgear Bid was awarded to Prospect Electric Company.
- The Euclid Soccer Pitch Bid was awarded to E. Hoffman. The village of Mt. Prospect provided additional funding, and Danny Martinez raised additional money.
- The board voted to not discuss policy for sponsorship logos at this time for additional funding in the future.
- Finance Committee reported to the board regarding the budget overview for the 23-24 school year.
- NSSEO Update was given by board member Robert Rognstad
- PR Committee update and President’s report were given by President Willaim Grimpe
- Superintendent Update was given by Dr. Megerle
The next regular board meeting will be held on Tuesday, July 17 at River Trails Middle School. You can email the board at firstname.lastname@example.org.