The River Trails School District 26 Board of Education conducted its Tuesday, October 19, 2021 meeting at Prairie Trails School. The meeting was also livestreamed on the district’s YouTube page. You can view a recording of the entire meeting. Here are the highlights:
- River Trails Education Association representative Bob Kastner thanked the Board and administration for “a great working relationship” and noted that the RTEA is looking forward to upcoming negotiations.
- Board member Frank Fiarito acknowledged the RTEA ahead of upcoming negotiations and highlighted their strong partnership with its members.
- Dr. Jodi Megerle, assistant superintendent for student services, recognized each of the school nurses for their countless contributions to the district, saying she is “super thankful for this team, the gifts they bring to District 26 and everything they’ve done to keep us moving in the right direction.” This recognition included Lisa Gutzler from Euclid, Jessa Ramos from Indian Grove, Kathy Bustamante from River Trails, and recently-retired nurse Mary Vail who continues to help out the district. Board President William Grimpe, on behalf of the Board, presented Lisa Gutzler with a certificate of recognition.
- Assistant Superintendent for Teaching and Learning Kristine Seifert delivered a comprehensive presentation regarding the upcoming release of the district’s school report card from the Illinois State Board of Education and fall assessment data. She noted that the pandemic means some of the typical components of the reports will not be available. She concluded the presentation by saying “together we will reach great heights and we will conquer many challenges Covid has dropped in our laps.”
- The Board discussed the language in some potential new district policies. They also passed several policy updates.
- Board members discussed plans for interviewing candidates for the vacant position on the Board.
- Superintendent Dr. Nancy Wagner noted the substitute shortage and said she plans to present the Board with some creative ideas for filling vacancies. Anyone interested in a position can visit applitrack.com/rtsd26/onlineapp/default.aspx.
The next board meeting will be held on Tuesday, November 16 at River Trails Middle School. You can email them at email@example.com.