The River Trails School District 26 Board of Education conducted its Tuesday, September 21, 2021 meeting at River Trails Middle School. The meeting was also livestreamed on the district’s YouTube page. You can view a recording of the entire meeting. Here are the highlights:
- Dr. Lyndl Schuster, the assistant superintendent for business services, presented the 2022 budget at a public hearing. The board later adopted the budget as proposed. You can view the budget on the district website’s business page.
- River Trails Education Association representative Natalie Hudson addressed the board and said, “I would like to thank our members for their dedication as well as the administration and the board for our working relationship.”
- Superintendent Dr. Nancy Wagner recognized board members Frank Fiarito, William Grimpe and Dr. Susan Stolzer for continuing their professional development.
- On behalf of Trane Technologies, Aaron Raftery presented the board with an award known as “Reducing the Energy Intensity of the World” for the Prairie Trails School renovation project. He added, “I was very grateful for the opportunity to work with you on the project.”
- Erin Stein, director of human resources, spoke about the district’s staffing situation. Dr. Jodi Megerle (assistant superintendent for student services), Matt Tombs (director of technology and innovation) and Dr. Schuster detailed the need for additional positions in their respective departments that will help address the staffing shortage. The board approved the addition of these positions, which include two Prairie Trails teacher assistants, a technology maintenance specialist and lunch/playground supervisors. Anyone interested in these positions, along with several others, can apply online.
- Board member Robert Rognstad delivered an update on the Northwest Suburban Special Education Organization (NSSEO). This included progress on construction of the gym at Timber Ridge School, a successful ribbon cutting event for the playground at Miner School and information about Sunrise Lake in Bartlett which RTSD26 has access to and can utilize as a resource.
- Dr. Wagner previewed the upcoming community engagement event and spoke about several of the issues that would be discussed at the meeting. These include Prairie Trails School, long range facility needs at the other schools, budgetary questions and community priorities. The event will be held on October 5 at Prairie Trails Schools and online.
The next board meeting will be held on Tuesday, October 19. You can email them at email@example.com.