The River Trails School District 26 Board of Education held a meeting on Tuesday, May 16, 2023 at River Trails Middle School. It was also livestreamed on our website. A full recording of the meeting is available for viewing on our YouTube page.
Here are the highlights:
- The Board approved tenure status for several district teachers. They also approved contract renewals for teachers entering their second, third and fourth years.
- The Board recognized members of the RTMS 7th grade girls volleyball team who won their conference championship this year.
- Vice President Janine Freedlund noted the success of recent concerts at Euclid, Indian Grove and River Trails Middle School. She also congratulated staff members who were recently honored at the retirement and years-of-service ceremony.
- Board member Becky Pfisterer mentioned the upcoming kindergarten music sharing event at Prairie Trails.
- President William Grimpe highlighted the recent trip to Springfield by Euclid first graders and teachers Christine Cheung and Jessica Zajda. In Springfield, students participated in the "Students for Innovation: Advocacy Day" where they shared their coding skills with state legislators.
- The Board thanked Jim and Pam Williams from the Meredith Williams Foundation for a generous donation to RTMS in honor of Coach George Keehn, who passed away in March. The money will be used by the RTMS P.E. department.
- River Trails Education Association Vice President Natalie Hudson addressed the board on behalf of the union and said, "As this school year comes to a close, we look forward to our continued partnership to make District 26 a great place to work and learn."
- Director of Innovation and Technology Matt Tombs updated the Board on the technology committee's work throughout the school year.
- The Board approved recommendations for furniture purchases for the River Trails Middle School Learning Resource Center and two pilot classrooms. This furniture plan will help modernize these spaces and is "designed to promote student engagement, comfort and flexibility."
- Vice President Freedlund updated the other board members on the Student Wellness Committee, on which she serves as the Board's representative.
The next regular board meeting will be held on Tuesday, June 20 at River Trails Middle School. You can email the board at email@example.com.