River Trails School District 26 was determined to be in “full compliance” and received multiple commendations from the North Cook Intermediate Service Center (ISC) and Regional Office of Education #5 (ROE) as part of its regularly scheduled compliance audit. In addition to the commendations, the compliance team found no areas of noncompliance or concern. The audit was conducted in November 2020, with an additional onsite visit in April 2021, and a final determination delivered in June 2021.
In a letter to the district, Regional Superintendent of Schools Kevin Jauch wrote, “The NCISC/ROE5 Compliance Team would like to thank everyone at River Trails School District 26 for your thoughtfulness and assistance in completing this process. Congratulations, you are doing an outstanding job.”
The compliance team commended the district in several areas, including:
- Teachers and aides for their determination and adaptability to provide meaningful education experiences during these constantly changing times.
- A new strategic plan, evolved through collaboration, which seeks to build student self-worth, personal learning goals, desire to learn, appreciation of diversity and integrity.
- The renovation of Prairie Trails School, the new pre-kindergarten and kindergarten building, that will eliminate overcrowding in the other schools.
- Curriculum changes that will increase emphasis on higher level thinking in the learning process.
- Over 50% participation of all students in the award-winning music program that includes chorus, band, orchestra and a school musical.
The NCISC/ROE5 conducts compliance visits of the schools located within its boundaries every four years. The “full compliance” determination and recommendation will be sent to the Illinois State Board of Education.