The River Trails School District 26 Board of Education held a meeting on Tuesday, June 14, 2022 at Prairie Trails School. It was also livestreamed on our website. A recording of the full meeting is available for viewing on our YouTube page.
Here are the highlights:
- Dr. Nancy Wagner introduced Dr. Carie Cohen, who will be the district’s new assistant superintendent for student services. Dr. Cohen has worked in education for more than 20 years, beginning her career as a special education teacher. Most recently, she served as the director of student services for Lake Zurich District 95. She will begin her duties on July 1, 2022.
- The Board recognized Dr. Wagner, whose five-year tenure as the district’s superintendent will come to an end on June 30. Board Vice President Janine Freedlund said, “She has been amazing in guiding our district.” Dr. Wagner was presented with a plaque commemorating her accomplishments while leading RTSD26.
- Bob Kastner, president for the River Trails Education Association, spoke on behalf of his fellow members and congratulated Dr. Wagner. He added, “It has been an honor and a pleasure to work with you these past few years.”
- Members of the district’s administration delivered a presentation on the past school year and updated the Board on the goals that were achieved. Principals from each of the four schools followed with a similar presentation specific to their buildings’ 2021-2022 accomplishments. The achievements at a district and school level aligned with the RTSD26 strategic plan. You can view the entirety of these presentations in the full recording of the meeting.
- Dr. Lyndl Schuster, assistant superintendent for business services, provided an overview of the 2023 budget and the timeline for its review and approval. This process aims to adopt the budget at the September 20, 2022 Board of Education meeting.
- The Board adopted the district’s Educational Equity Statement. The statement is intended to guide and focus the district’s efforts in creating equity and inclusivity for all students, families, staff and community members. You can read the full statement, and learn about the district’s ongoing equity journey, on the district’s website.
The next regular board meeting will be held on Tuesday, July 19 at Prairie Trails School. You can email the board at email@example.com.