The River Trails School District 26 Board of Education held a meeting on Tuesday, January 17, 2023 at River Trails Middle School. It was also livestreamed on our website. A full recording of the meeting is available for viewing on our YouTube page.
Here are the highlights:
- Kristy Seifert, assistant superintendent for teaching and learning, presented a draft of the calendar for the 2023-2024 school year. The calendar was created in collaboration with staff members and in alignment with several surrounding districts. The Board will vote to officially approve the calendar at its February meeting.
- Dr. Lyndl Schuster, assistant superintendent for business services, updated the Board on multiple topics:
- A budget calendar for the fiscal year 2024 – the Board approved the calendar.
- A recommendation on the purchase of new copier machines for the district – the Board will vote on the proposal at a future meeting.
- A review of the bidding process and a recommendation for the upcoming Euclid roofing project – the Board will vote to approve the bids at its February meeting.
- An extension of the contract with the district’s bus company, Grand Prairie Transit – the Board will vote on the contract at a future meeting.
- Dr. Jodi Megerle, superintendent of schools, updated the Board on the district’s strategic plan and equity action plan.
- The Board approved the purchase of 325 Chromebooks to replace older devices. This is to ensure the district is able to continue providing devices to all students. These Chromebooks will be issued to 1st grade and 5th grade students in the 2023-2024 school year.
- Board member Louis Camardo expressed his excitement for the PTC event at a Chicago Wolves game on January 28. This will be a combined event for all schools’ PTCs. Tickets can still be purchased by visiting fevo.me/district26ptc.
- Board member Robert Rognstad delivered an update on Northwest Suburban Special Education Organization (NSSEO).
The next regular board meeting will be held on Tuesday, February 21 at River Trails Middle School. You can email the board at email@example.com.