The River Trails School District 26 Board of Education held a meeting on Tuesday, May 3, 2022. It was also livestreamed on our website. A recording of the full meeting is available for viewing on our YouTube page.
Here are the highlights:
- The Board announced and approved Dr. Jodi Megerle as the district’s next superintendent of schools. Dr. Megerle said, “I am overjoyed and honored to be selected as the district’s next superintendent. River Trails is a special place and I look forward to continuing our work with our dedicated staff, our talented students and our diverse community.” Dr. Megerle’s tenure will begin on July 1, 2022.
- River Trails Education Association President Bob Kastner spoke on behalf of his fellow members and said, “I’d like to offer my congratulations to Dr. Megerle on her well-deserved appointment as the new superintendent of the district. I think she will serve the district well for many years to come.”
- The Board recognized the district’s maintenance and custodial staff. Director of Buildings and Grounds Dan Whisler also expressed his appreciation and said, “there are so many things you do every day that make such a difference. I’d like to say thank you to all of you.” Several members of the staff were in attendance to receive a certificate of thanks from Board President William Grimpe.
- President Grimpe acknowledged the retirement and recognition ceremony that took place earlier this week and congratulated the staff members who were honored at the event.
- Board Vice President Janine Freedlund offered congratulations to staff members who are earning tenure this year. “Thank you to all of our staff who continue to be so dedicated to our students,” Freedlund added.
- The Board approved the purchase of new classroom projectors, a five-year contract with auditor Baker Tilly, recommendations for changes by the Extra Duty Committee, and a partnership with the Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago (MWRD) for $650,000 toward a permeable paver parking lot and rain gardens at River Trails Middle School.
- In a Reorganization Meeting, the Board approved a meeting schedule, committee assignments and appointed officers for 2022-2023. President William Grimpe, Vice President Janine Freedlund and Secretary Dr. Susan Stolzer were re-appointed and will remain in their positions.
The next regular board meeting will be held on Tuesday, May 17 at River Trails Middle School. You can email the board at email@example.com.