The River Trails School District 26 Board of Education held a meeting on Tuesday, May 17, 2022. It was also livestreamed on our website. A recording of the full meeting is available for viewing on our YouTube page.
Here are the highlights:
- The Board recognized four 7th grade students from River Trails Middle School for placing in the “Letters About Literature” contest. These students read a book of their choice and wrote a letter to the authors about the impact the books had on them. Three of the students received honorable mentions and one was a semifinalist. Each of the students was awarded a certificate by RTMS teachers Jennifer Ritchie and Melissa Cascella.
- River Trails Education Association President Bob Kastner addressed the Board and said “I’d like to offer my thanks to the Board of Education for its continued support of us. Your staff is honored to work for you, but exhausted and happy that the summer is upcoming.”
- Board President William Grimpe talked about the district’s day at the Chicago Dogs game, noting that “we had a phenomenal turnout.” He added, “Thanks to everyone who came out and I hope you had as much fun as I had.”
- Member Frank Fiarito acknowledged the district’s music teachers, Steve Flowers, Chris Kuzmanoff, Todd Smith, Meghan Thompson and Katie Van Eck, and said “We are very blessed to have five very talented music teachers.”
- Director of Innovation and Technology Matt Tombs, as well as Prairie Trails physical education teacher Beth Miller, recommended the purchase of audiovisual equipment for the school. The Board approved this purchase.
- Assistant Superintendent for Teaching and Learning Kristine Seifert spoke about the need for additional math workbooks at Euclid, Indian Grove and Prairie Trails. The Board approved the purchase.
- Dr. Lyndl Schuster, assistant superintendent for business services, sought approval for the hiring of a construction manager to oversee the River Trails Middle School repaving project. The Board approved a contract with Nicholas & Associates for this purpose.
- Dr. Nancy Wagner, in her superintendent’s report, updated the Board on the district’s open positions for the summer and 2022-2023 school year. Interested candidates can view the available positions and apply online.
The next regular board meeting will be held on Tuesday, June 14 at River Trails Middle School. You can email the board at email@example.com.